Star Health & Allied Insurance Co Ltd commenced operations in 2006 as India’s first standalone health insurance provider, the company has been providing services in health, personal accident and overseas travel insurance. Star Health & Allied Insurance has products to cater everybody, be it individuals, families or corporates and works directly as well as through various channels like agents, brokers, online etc., Star Health is also prominently into Bancassurance having long standing relationship with various banks. Star Health & Allied Insurance has underwritten a gross written premium of Rs.5401 Cr during the FY 2018-19 and has built up a promising path with an appreciable net worth of Rs.1480 Cr, as on 31 March 2019. Currently Star Health has 10600+ employees and 550+ branch offices all over India.’
- Wide Coverage: Star Health Insurance plans offer you and your family financial protection against several healthcare expenses in times of illness, sickness, medical emergencies and accidents.
- 24*7 Assistance Services: Star Health Insurance’s friendly representatives are there to assist you 24*7.
- Cashless Treatment: Star Health Insurance has tie-ups with more than 9,900 network hospitals where you can avail hassle-free cashless treatment.
- Add-on Benefits: Health insurance plans offered by Star Health Insurance come with several add-on benefits like hospital cash, patient care, etc. to help you get an extensive coverage by paying a little extra premium.
- Variety of Health Insurance Plans: Star Health Insurance offers a wide variety of health insurance plans especially designed for individuals, families, and corporate
Types of Health Insurance Policies Provided by Star Health Insurance:
Policies forming a part of the company’s health insurance plans portfolio are listed below:
- Star Comprehensive Insurance Policy
- Star Medi Classic Insurance Policy
- Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan
- Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy
- Star Super Surplus
- Star Super Surplus Gold Plan
- Star Health Gain
- Star Criticare Plus
- Star Cardiac Care
- Star Unique Health Insurance Policy
- Star Wedding Gift Insurance
- Star Diabetes Safe Insurance Policy
- Star Family Delite Insurance Policy
- Star Health Insurance Netplus
- Star Micro Health Insurance Policy
- Star Care Insurance Policy
- Star Health Accident Care Insurance Policy
- Star Health Student Care Plan
- Star Cancer Care Gold
Star Health Insurance Policy Terms
Star Health Insurance policies are available with the terms tabulated below:
|Minimum Entry Age||3 months|
|Maximum Entry Age||65 years/no limit|
|Policy Renewal||Lifetime renewability guaranteed|
|Co-Payment||Co-payment of 20% is applicable on each and every claim for people aged over 60 years at entry level and subsequent renewals.|
|General Waiting Period||A waiting period of 30 days needs to be completed to seek benefits, except in case of injury, under the plans.|
However, these terms of Star Health Insurance plans are subject to vary from plan to plan.
Star Health Insurance Renewal Process
Star Health Insurance policies can be renewed after every 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years, depending upon the policy term chosen. Star Health insurance offers a grace period of at least 15 days (varies from plan to plan) during which you can pay renewal premium and seek continuous coverage under your health insurance plan. Follow the below-mentioned steps to renew your health insurance policy with Star Health Insurance:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Star Health Insurance and open the ‘Renewal’ page.
Step 2: Fill in the policy details (policy number and date of birth).
Step 3: Click on the ‘Renew Now’ tab.
Step 4: Check the policy details and premium to be paid for policy renewal.
Step 5: Make the payment online using the available payment options.
Your policy will be renewed, thereby enabling you to continue to enjoy the insurance coverage under your Star Health Insurance plan.