Summer skin care is important as summers are coming and everyone need to take care of there skin.
The summers are getting more hotter every year, the pollution, toxins, UV rays damages our skin and creating clogs in it.
As we know their are so many skin care products in the market, stop there before you loose your money on those expensive items i will suggest you some home remedies.
It’s time to raid the kitchen and follow some Grandma’s tips.
Dried skin, dead skin cells, acne-prone skin, sun damage, dark circles, dull skin, breakouts all type of skin problems can get resolved, You can get a beautiful and healthy skin.
Home Remedies for a Flawless and glowing skin
Summer Skin care home remedies you need to follow:
- The skin needs to be exfoliated, at least twice a week, particularly in this season to keep the glow intact. A paste of besan and milk or malai/cream with some oatmeal or turmeric and lemon will do wonders. Just rub this paste on your face and neck gently in a circular fashion and see the difference yourself. Better still, use a paste of multani mitti, or Fuller’s earth, rose water and sandalwood powder for acne prone skin; whereas take sandalwood powder, curd and add a pinch of turmeric powder for mature skin for the same purpose.
- As we know cleansing skin is very important day by day. Skin get’s more dirty in summers. As their are many home remedies for skin cleansing but yogurt and honey if applied for 10 minutes on the face will give you the nice and clean skin. Also, don’t forget to moisturize your skin daily. Take a good moisturizer and apply it daily to keep your skin hydrated and healthy. Use water-based moisturizer for normal skin and gel-based moisturizer for oily skin.
- As, a lot of dust and sweat accumulates on the face it needs to be clean. We need to wash our face with cold water very frequently. Using cold milk on a cotton ball is also a option. It is very important to protect our skin from harmful UV rays of the sun. So, don’t forget to apply sunscreen. The sunscreen should be of at least 30 SPF, before you step out in the sun.
- As summers are getting more and more hot. Sun is getting more brighter, in this tanning is the most biggest problem of all. So skin care is must. To remove tan, reach out for tomato juice. Tomato and lemon juices are good for all skin type. Mix a little sandalwood powder with these juices if your skin is too dry; multani mitti if it is oily and prone to acne; and curd and sandalwood powder if it is mature. Leave the paste on for about ten minutes and then wash it off with cold water. You could also use a mixture of honey and lime to remove tan. Apply it on your face for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off.
- There are some more remedies to treat tanning which is quite east and quick. Make a paste of raw milk and gram flour. Add a few drops of lemon juice and apply on the face in a circular motion. Wait till it dries off somewhat, then wash it off. Lemon juice acts as a natural bleacher, which may also help even your tone. But, it dries the skin. Therefore, make sure you apply a lot moisturizer after that to get a flawless glowing skin.
- The most valuable thing in the summers can be aloe vera. Make the juice of aloe vera and freeze it. Make the cubes and rub it on your face when you come in from the sun, or before you apply make-up and even at night. It will leave your face fresh and glowing. Aloe Vera is also known to cure chronic skin problem like eczema. You can also use aloe vera gel.
- There are many other skin care solutions like banana is another very skin friendly fruit. Mash a banana to pulp and add some milk or egg white to it. Apply it evenly on your face and keep it for about 20 minutes. Then wash it off with cold water. It will help you to get the smooth skin. Make sure you use this pack regularly to ensure a perfectly flawless and glowing skin.
- Rose water acts as a goof friend of our in summers. Take the rose water in a cotton ball, dab it on the face using cotton balls in order clean and cool the face. Alternatively, you could spray rose water on your face for an instant fresh look. It is known to be a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt from the skin.
- Watermelon juice, coconut juice and cucumber juice are known for their cooling properties. These juice should be used regularly on your face to calm your skin from outside heat. Do not just apply, but also drink these juices regularly to ensure a flawless and glowing skin.
- Papaya is another best option for your skin. Mash papaya to make a paste and add some lemon juice to it. Apply the paste on your face and leave it on for 20 minutes. You could also add egg white and honey to the papaya paste and apply it for 20 minutes. And, that’s it. Get ready for a soft and glowing skin.
Other useful tips:
- Drink plenty of water, 2 liters or 6-8 glass water daily. Use lukewarm water not so cold not so hot. If you find the taste of water little boring, then infuse it with fruits like apple and strawberries.
- Avoid tea, coffee and aerated drinks, instead opt for fresh fruit juices, coconut water, or butter milk.
- You could even add lemon or cucumber slices, ginger and mint to your water and drink it throughout the day.
- Eat light meals, green vegetables and fruits that are high on water content like watermelons and melons. It is always good to avoid oily, spicy food and salty, fried snacks.
Nutritional data and ingredient:->
Summer skin care ingredients:
Honey: Honey, especially raw or unpasteurized, is a fabulously versatile and all-natural ingredient to use on skin. It’s full of antioxidants, which are good for wrinkles and aging skin. It is antibacterial, which helps with acne treatments and prevention. It clarifies skin by opening up and unclogging pores.
Yogurt: Yogurt contains lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid, that dissolves dead skin cells. When topically applied to the skin, a velvety yogurt face mask will help moisturize, fight acne, prevent premature aging, relieve sunburn, and reduce discoloration.
Besan: Besan is really useful as a tan removal agent when applied to skin. Milk or malai/cream: Lactic acid in milk will help reduce pigmentation, heal dry skin, hydrate skin, heal acne and relieve sunburn.
Turmeric: Turmeric can help restore your natural glow and treat uneven skin tone.
Lemon: Lemons’ antibacterial and anti-fungal properties make them a natural alternative to treat acne.
Multani mitti: Fine powder of Multani Mitti ( Fuller’s Earth) Natural source of Magnesium chloride which reduces acne and blemishes, absorb excess oil, natural cleanser for hair and Skin. It has a natural earthy aroma.
Rose water: Rosewater helps maintain the skin’s pH balance, and also controls excess oil. “Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema. Due to its antibacterial properties, rose water also aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds.
Sandalwood powder: Regular use of the antibacterial Sandalwood powder helps in fighting acne-causing bacteria, exfoliates the skin, soothes sunburn, removes suntan and also reduces signs of ageing such as dry skin and wrinkles.
SPF sunscreen: SPF, or Sun Protection Factor,is a measure of how well a sunscreen will protect skin from UVB rays, the kind of radiation that causes sunburn, damages skin, and can contribute to skin cancer.
Coconut oil: Coconut oil is used in many natural face products and for good reason: it’s naturally anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and moisturizing. Coconut oil is composed primarily of nourishing fatty acids and is especially high in lauric acid. It also contains vitamin E and healthy fats, which help to make skin smooth.
Tomato juice: The benefits of tomato juice for the skin include increasing fairness, balancing pH, tightening pores, treating sunburn, reducing irritation and curing acne. You can use tomato juice alone or along with other beneficial ingredients to maintain healthy skin, as well as to treat common skin problems.
Gram flour: Gram flour has certain properties that treat acne and has been used for this purpose in India for centuries. For one, the zinc in besan has been shown to fight the infections that cause your face to erupt with acne. Secondly, it also helps control excess sebum production and soothes inflamed skin.
Aloe vera: Aloe vera gel can help you deal with that. It helps your skin in retaining its moisture and gives back its radiance. Not only it reduces the visible wrinkles and fine lines on the face, but it also prevents premature ageing of the skin by improving the elasticity of skin and repairing skin cells.
Banana: You can use a banana as an all-natural face mask that moisturizes your skin and leaves it looking and feeling softer. Mash up a medium-sized ripe banana into a smooth paste, then gently apply it to your face and neck. Let it set for 10-20 minutes, then rinse it off with cold water.
Watermelon juice: The antioxidants and high water content of watermelon will boost the moisture in your skin, making your skin glow.
Cucumber juice: Cucumbers contain vitamin C and caffeic acid, two antioxidants that, when applied to skin, help fend off wrinkles, sun damage and more.
Papaya: Ripe papaya can act as a mild exfoliator. It gently removes dead skin cells from your face and makes your skin radiant and younger-looking. It may also clear dirt and oil that can lead to acne and breakouts on the face. Papaya is rich in healing enzymes that may help treat sunburns or soothe irritated skin.
Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is a popular choice for treating acne because of its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It’s thought to calm redness, swelling, and inflammation. You can use a face wash, moisturizer, and spot treatment containing tea tree oil as well.
Green tea: Green tea contains a powerful antioxidant called EGCG that fights DNA damage from UV rays to prevent skin cancer. It’s an intensely hydrating face mask that absorbs into your skin for reduced redness and soothed skin. Green tea is powerful antibacterial agent for treating acne and uncloging pores.
This is all about your daily skin care routine. These all are the natural remedies with no side effect. You can easily take care of your skin by using above natural ingredients. Don’t go through skin care products, as they contains so much of chemicals. Summer skin care is important to make your skin clear and glow.