Endomorph weight loss. How many of you are familiar with this term called “Endomorphs?” Who are these individuals, and how can you identify if you’re an endomorph or not? When I first heard the term “Endomorphs,” these were some of the first thoughts that kept popping up in my head. Well, we are always excited to keep a check on our near and dear ones, but how well do you know your body?
To begin with, endomorphs are not obese; they are naturally created differently. I understand that it might be difficult for an endomorph to achieve their fitness goals, but do you know that there are some incredible benefits of being an endomorph? So, I am going to unwrap some secrets of these people in this article and educate you to master the art of endomorph weight loss in a few minutes.
The body types:
Individuals are usually categorized into three body types.
To achieve fitness goals and manage weight, each type of person requires a different type of exercise, diet plans, and weight management techniques.
Ectomorphs: are usually tall and lean and have a high metabolism, making it difficult to put on the muscle mass.
Mesomorphs: are often muscular and have an easy time losing and gaining weight.
Endomorphs: are characterized by their round or pear-shaped bodies, tiny shoulders and limbs, and medium to a large bone structure. The majority of their fat is stored in their abdomen, hips, and thighs.
How to find out whether you are an endomorph:
The book, Integrative Approaches for Health states that in comparison to ectomorphs and mesomorphs, endomorphs put on weight more readily. An endomorph will accumulate more fat even if they eat the same food as another body type.
Endomorphs usually have the following characteristics:
- A body type that is gentle and round, with big hips.
- A body with a curvaceous shape.
- And A bulkier and shorter build.
- Stronger joints.
- Metabolism is slow.
- Muscles are less defined.
- A proclivity to gain weight quickly.
- Finding it difficult to lose weight.
Endomorph weight loss diet:
Ideal balanced diet for endomorphs:
Foods you can rely on:
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds.
- Fat food: Avocado, fatty fish, olive oil
- Protein food: Beef, chicken, turkey, eggs (egg white), salmon
- Low-fat dairy products: Milk, yogurt, cheese
- Recommended fruits: Melons, berries
- Recommended vegetables: Green leafy vegetables, celery, asparagus, potatoes, legumes, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- Ideal grains: Whole grains like brown rice, quinoa, lentils, kidney beans, and amaranth.
Food to cut off from endomorph diet:
- White bread, white rice, spaghetti, and candies, chocolates, and other sweets are foods to avoid. Baked cakes, soft drinks, energy drinks, and sports drinks the ones to restrict.
- Refined cereals-brain flakes, instant oatmeal, and puffed rice.
- Heavily processed food, rich dairy products such as whipped cream and ice creams, red meat, alcohol, and food rich in sodium avoid all of them.
Exercise and Fitness goals:
- Exercising is necessary for every weight-loss regimen. Endomorphs, on the other hand, tend to convert carbohydrates to fat, therefore regular exercise and physical activities throughout the day are essential.
- Include weights and cardio training.
- Building muscles is easy for endomorphs.
- Slower metabolism and extra body fat make it harder to stay lean.
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT) should be done 2-3 times a week for a total of 30 minutes per day.
- Longer periods of constant moderate to low-intensity exercises like walking, jogging, swimming, and other low-intensity exercises are recommended for steady-state training 2-3 times per week for 30 minutes each session.
7 amazing tips for endomorph weight loss:
You have learned about diet, exercise about endomorphs till now. Now, always stick to these 7 tips so that do not miss out on anything.
- Track your food: The more particular you are, the more accurate your results will be. Food journaling gives you a look into your eating patterns.
- Make sure you’re drinking plenty of water.
- Use a food scale: Using a food scale is important since you may wind up with a significant amount of food at times. Always keep track of how much you’re eating. This aids in calculating precise calorie and nutrient consumption.
- Track weigh-Ins: Because your weight fluctuates every day, keeping track of your weigh-ins provides a constant warning regarding weight gain.
- Include physical activities: An endomorph must include physical activities in their daily schedules in addition to exercise, as they are prone to gaining weight quickly.
- Monitor progressive overload: Always keep track of the number of weights you’re lifting because, in the rush to reduce weight, you can overdo it and injure yourself.
- Keep track of your sleep cycles: Even if you’re doing everything else, you’re missing out on an important aspect if you’re not getting enough sleep.
Advantages of being an Endomorph:
- These people usually don’t suffer from osteoporosis due to the stronger bones.
- Endomorph people tend to be very good athletes.
- You need to get concerned, just because they’re pear-shaped doesn’t mean they have high cholesterol or blood pressure.
- When you carry the weight in your abdomen, you’re more inclined to be insulin resistant than someone who distributes weight more evenly throughout their body.
- If you have excess body fat around your hips, thighs, and buttocks you have fewer metabolic illness risk factors than someone who stores fat in their belly.
Do you still feel unlucky of being an endomorph? You should not. Every one of us is different and try to embrace ourselves the way we are. Being an endomorph snatches the choice of being lazy from you. As a result, you will end up doing all these activities. I know all of these feel a little tiresome and scary. But, the results of these do’s are not only about weight loss, these activities simultaneously improve your cognitive functions, drive your motivations, rarely make you feel sick, stick to your goals throughout. So do give it a thought. And enjoy the process the more you enjoy the less burden you will feel-HAPPY WEIGHT LOSS!
You can also have a look at the Advantages and disadvantages of Isolation Exercises.